Kick It In The Sticks

Took Friday off a week or so ago for a quick little road trip out west with the girls. Brantley Gilbert was putting on a concert in Dodge City, so we jumped on the opportunity for some good country music and a night full of gambling! I was hell bent on meeting BG and to help my chances, I thought I should get shirts made. Remind you that shirts were made for the Garth Brooks concert in KC and we got upgraded to the 2nd row. Kick it in the Sticks is one of BG's songs....and according to the web - his favorite song....and yes, it is a bit stalkerish. I'm sure there's worse:) I present to you, our shirts for the night! ha.
 The girls!
 When we arrived at the concert it was dead. Due to low ticket sales, they blocked off half of the arena for the concert. It isn't a very big arena to begin with, but the people there didn't even fill half of it. It was nuts. They pretty much let people sit/stand wherever they wanted. We chose to stand by the stage and we worked pretty hard to convince the cops/security/band members etc. to get us a meet and greet. We were those annoying girls....and it got us nowhere!





 We ended our night at the blackjack table - coming out ahead or almost even. They put up with our loud hoopin' and hollerin' until about 3am and we decided to call it a night.  I think the bystanders appreciated their entertainment for the night. We didn't get thrown out, so they must have....right?!




No comments:

Post a Comment