Viva Las Vegas

So like I mentioned in a previous post, my family recently headed to Las Vegas to celebrate my sister's 30th birthday! Here's a recap of our oh-so-fun trip!

Drinks...drinks...drinks...drinks...upon arrival

Experienced the strip and the pre-party for Jimmy Buffett.
My sister's boyfriend, Jeff, also made the trip!

Lunch at Margaritaville!



Nice family dinner at Harrah's The Range Steakhouse.  Dad was glued to the blackjack table all day and failed to dress appropriately for dinner.....he thought it was just fine...okkkkkkk.
 Up early to watch the K-State/KU game at New York New York's Sporting House, formerly ESPN Zone and ended the night with an Improv Comedy Show at Harrah's.




 The next night we went to the Jimmy Buffett concert. This was us before the concert....
 This was everyone else before the concert..... About the same right?
We obviously weren't dressed the part, nor did it even cross our minds that we might appear out of place. I keep saying this, but I've literally never seen so many drunk, ridiculously dressed, out of control, older people in my life! It was like human bumper cars just to get out of the door after the concert. Odd, but oh so fun!

This picture is really dark, but I thought i would point out the older folks behind us. I mean these people literally left their maturity at the door. Bunny ears, uhh ok...(Sorry about the pic)


 
Brent and Dad were quite the participants for the Fin song. What is that? I don't know, but here are some details I found to explain it ...... "In live performance it is usually preceded by the theme from Jaws, followed by the command "FINS UP!", where everyone in the audience raises their arms simulating a shark fin.  It is a signature move that help define the Jimmy Buffett fans, affectionately known as "Parrotheads" 
Just imagine them singing this to the actions.... "fins to the left, fins to the right" ...too funny, right?
Absolutely can't go to Vegas without checking out the Fountains at the Bellagio.
Amanda, Jeff, and I decided to take the 6am flight home on Sunday. That meant heading to the airport at 4am. Getting back early sounds great....until you have plane issues, boo.  I stayed up all night and spent most of my time at the piano bar. Love this place!
 Until next time, Vegas.....

No comments:

Post a Comment