I ran a 5K. Yep, I finally did it! Megan called about two months ago and said she was running a 5K in Wichita. I laughed and said "good luck"! I'm not really a fan of running. I do it every once in awhile, but on my terms and definitely not for competition. So when she told me I was doing it too, I immediately said no. NO. Hell no.
After a lot of convincing "Lindsay it's at night"
"Lindsay they give you glow-in-the-dark gear"
"Lindsay there's a live band afterwards"
"Lindsay they have a beer garden"
......I was in!
(Begin freak out session.)
The first thing that pops into my head is my middle school track days. I decided to do track in 7th grade as a way for me to stay in shape. The track coach was a teacher of mine at the time so I went and talked to him about it before signing up. He encouraged me to join so I did. I HATED every minute of it. Pretty sure me and "my partner" (to remain nameless just in case she doesn't want me to embarrass her too) were the last one's to finish every day. We did distance. We were slow....like turtle speed. People had gone home before we even got back to the starting point. OK, you get the point....but needless to say this is ALL I think about when it comes to races.
Here's our entire crew right before the race! Approximately 3 minutes after this photo, I went into freak out mode once again. Not good. Next thing I know, we are off!
Me and my rockstar of a running partner. Love this girl. We ran together the entire way. Yep, NO walking. I have yet to get my official time, but we finished in under 30 minutes. I was kinda proud of myself, ha. I finished thinking, I think i kind of liked that. Wonder what race we can do next?
So perhaps my motivation has lessened some, but I will be running a 5K again. Anyone else want to join us? I'm thinking Nashville....live bands along the way....followed by an extended trip to enjoy downtown. NOW you want to join, huh?! I'll leave you with a picture of us after the race gettin' our glow on! Don't ask....




LOL! I giggled the whole way through this post! Good Job Sunshine!!! Can I just come to Nashville and watch? Or ride a bike along beside you rolling a cooler behind me?
ReplyDelete