Dogs, Husbands, Babies....Nope, just me and my house!

I purchased a house....3 years ago....and am lovin' it!  While people talk about and enjoy their dogs, husbands and babies, I'm off remodeling and redecorating my house.  Perhaps some...who will remain nameless.... think I need to readjust my priorities. Maybe, maybe not.  Just kidding, everyone in my life is so supportive of everything I do...BUT my mother would love a grandbaby sometime in the next 10 years! Amanda?

I'm a decorating junkie. I love Design Star and hope to be on the show someday.  I told myself when I retire I can start my own business decorating houses, but for now I should do something less risky.  Not that I don't love a challenge....but I have a mortgage to pay.  Change.....I get bored and need it; therefore, my house is constantly getting a splash of new color or an update. My sewing machine is still one of the best Christmas presents ever.

So back to summer and what I've been up to..... landscape remodel! The previous owners decided to hire a company to put in landscaping/flower beds and a sprinkler system....score, right?! I believe crack might have been involved when they decided to do NINE separate areas of landscaping/flower beds. You know what I do every week? Pick weeds. It blows. So....I decided it was time to change the mulch over to rock....by myself. I might be crazy:)

Here are some before and after pics.  It really doesn't do it justice without seeing the before pics and the afters with the addition of flowers.  (Not the greatest pics, but had I known it would be included in a blog I would've tried a little harder)


Rock.....5 scoops of it, which is an entire truck load......ummm....what did I get myself into??! I believe I was the talk of the neighborhood for the entire weekend. Turns out a girl shoveling rock into a wheelbarrow then trying to wheel it over all by herself isn't the norm. Cars were doing 'drive by's' like you see in the movies....slow and sketchy, only thankfully I didn't get shot at.

Turns out what I thought would be a one weekend process by myself....turned out to be a two weekend process that included help.  My mom and dad came up the 2nd weekend or else I would probably still be shoveling rock.They are the best!


Putting weed barrier down
Rock is finished!
Corner in the backyard.


The landscaping looks so much better and we were able to tackle 6/9 areas! The others...well, they can wait til next year...or the next year. So what's up next? More to come later....

2 comments:

  1. I love it! STill makes me laugh you thought it would take you one weekend with no help :)
    You need to come motivate me please... I need color in my life.

    ReplyDelete